tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Sunday, October 07, 2007



Joe Torre to Elmo: Hey little guy, what am I gonna do if this is my last game with the Yankees??

What the hell is happening to me? For the second day in a row, I have fallen asleep unexpectedly on my couch for two hours. I am not really a nap person at all.


Laziest
Weekend
Ever

Hoot One/Season Two

What a great night. I knew how much I missed spending my early Friday nights here, but I guess I didn't know how much. I was there an hour early in anticipation of it being incredibly busy, and got to see THE Elvis Perkins walk into our basement sanctuary, which had been totally rearranged and reorganized for better sightlines and a gallery of Tony Nelson's great pictures had been placed along the walls.

The basement of Java Jacks on Fridays is like a church to some of us, meeting up with old friends, new friends, and the musicians, singers and storytellers. Week after week, we are introduced to new tales, new faces - and are enriched by it. Welcome back, Hoot.

Carl Franzen, Elvis Perkins and Jim Walsh/Hoot One, Season Two

Steve Cohen, documenting it all/Hoot One, Season Two



David de Young got a great picture of the best photographers and nicest guys in town, Steve Cohen, see his Hoot pictures HERE...

Back (from left): John Swardson, Stook!, Martin Devaney, Jim Walsh w. future superstar and one of my personal Hoot faves, Graham Earley in the front/Hoot One, Season Two

Graham is amazing... he closed out the first hoot of the season by leading the crowd in a singalong and playing Ike Reilly's "Put A Little Love in It." Absolutely perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home