tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Tuesday, February 20, 2007



I got back from my road trip yesterday and slept practically all day, so it seems mildly dream-like to look back on. I had been expecting a bit of a Rock and Roll Roadtrip, our original plan was to go to Cleveland, visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and drive down through the Appalachians or down the East Coast, and end up in Memphis. I figured my travel companions would have wanted to visit Graceland, and then I'd be free to do my thing - get a tour at the Gibson Factory over on Beale, take the Sun Records tour with Eldorado for the second time, maybe get some BBQ... but the winter storms of the East totally fucked up my program. But I had my moments... I opted out of the 2nd tour of Sun, even though I have desperately wanted to go upstairs and take that picture of Rocket 88 that has been eluding me for years now. And I did get to kick it in Tupelo for a while, standing outside of the birthplace of the King, and getting the best souvenir of my life, a kitschy potholder with the recipe for Peanut Butter & Banana sandwiches and Elvis; superhot mug on it. Well, that's a lie. The best souvenir ever is this SWITCHBLADE COMB I bought at this awful, smelly giftshop in Myrtle Beach, SC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home