tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Monday, July 21, 2008



I have always had a bit of an issue with how much is too much to say on this blog. I compare it to when I think I have spilled entirely too much of my guts to someone whose middle name I don't even know. But such is the nature of online diaries or blogs or whatever you want to call them.

But as does this girl above, I too wear my heart on my sleeve. Sometimes I feel like it makes it easier for me to empathize with others, sometimes I feel like it's my biggest curse, all this saying too much, all of this trying to connect with others in a disconnected world. Sometimes I think I expect too much out of people, and it becomes unfair to them.

I still have a lot of growing up to do, a lot of things to figure out. I've got a big bridge to cross, taking me over some canyon or ravine called "what will people think." I know... that fucking metaphor almost made me puke too.

But I think it all comes down to me not wanting to be nice and polite anymore. Something broke, and I don't even want to fix it. I just want to move forward from here.

I blame both megabus drivers that snapped at me to and from Chicago this weekend.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something broke for me, too...it'll get better, but right now it feels like I've lost everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home