tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Monday, March 03, 2008

Link Stolen Directly From Amber Colored Life

Top Ten Rap Songs that White People Love

-- for some reason this list sorta bummed me out.

Well, this is MY favorite (semi-novelty) rap song...

SUPERSONIC - JJ FAD



less novelty, but still one of my absolute favorite rap songs...

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - NWA



Ok, so my favorite Run DMC song is definitely Peter Piper, but I don't really know why. It just is... but I found this delightful blast from the past on YouTube and considering just how much I loooooooved Reading Rainbow back in the day.... check this...



And in honor of the excitement of Chuck D doing The Current's Fakebook in April -

Give it Up - Public Enemy



So maybe I'm not the average white girl.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger jon jon said...

yo' I was just telling Samahra(Black Blondie) to think of covering Salt N'Pepa's "Push It:, but this J.J.Fad is murderousshe should cover "Supersonic"...a classic.


cheers/yo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home