tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Monday, January 21, 2008

Let's Try This:

Song of the Day - Day One

I know there are plenty of David Bowie songs that I love more than this one, but every couple of months this is my favorite.

David Bowie - Ashe...


I love that sexy Bowie falsetto in the first stanza -

They got a message from the action man
Im happy, hope youre happy too
Ive loved all Ive needed love
Sordid details following


I think I love the way he harmonizes with himself at 'I'm happy, hope you're happy too...'

I never done good things
I never done bad things
I never did anything out of the blue, woh-o-oh
Want an axe to break the ice
Wanna come down right now


I always belt out that line like nobody's business, embellish the whoa-oh...

But then again, I'm listening to Diamond Dogs now. And it's already my favorite again.

THIS AIN'T ROCK AND ROLL!!! THIS IS GENOCIDE!!!!

*sigh*
(still smoke free, drinking Guinness at home out of a glass, passively watching anthony bourdain in vancouver,back to the cube tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home