tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Friday, November 09, 2007

KRUSH GROOVE WEEKEND







One of my prized possessions is my Krush Groove poster. I ordered it on eBay, expecting it to be poster sized, but I ended up getting a tiny one-sheet version. I should have known better. It now sits proudly in my dining room on the showcase-y area on top of my cupboard with my Faster Pussycat, Kill! Kill! lunchbox, the box to the Elvis Costello boxed set I purchased on a whim in the tenth grade that spiraled me into super-fandom, the prettiest dried roses EVER, and the Chinese Checker board from my childhood...



Anyways... in my personal Mix CD Hall of Fame, there is something that I like to call "Inspired by Krush Groove, yo." I dug out the compilation today when I was at work. It is in a gold-plated jewel case, and sits in a case that shines light on it all day so it looks like it's blessed by the gods. Wait, it IS blessed by the gods, and I challenge ANYONE to prove me otherwise. I will defeat you mercilessly...


Anyway... here are some freakin awesome clips I managed to find on YouTube...




I Can't Live Without My Radio - LL Cool J

You gotta love this. A young LL, Rick Rubin before he looked like he was in ZZ Top, Jam Master Jay and DMC -



All You Can Eat - The Fat Boys

I love The motherfuckin Fat Boys. I don't know why. I just do. Just another thing to chalk up to the Apple Jacks defense, deal. This isn't my favorite version of this song, but it IS the part of the movie/commercial for Sbarro. Disorderlies, it ain't... but it'll do.



Krush Groovin' - Krush Groove All Stars

Ultimate Cheese. My opinion is that Sheila E. should stick to being a kick-ass drummer and not rap. I say this out of love. Man, I love Kurtis Blow. A warning - this is really bad. But if you love it, we'll be friends forever. I'll even go down to Claire's or something and get us those pendants where each of us gets a half. But I get the Best part. Don't argue.



Are you wondering about my awesome Krush Groove mix? It goes a little something like this...

(It's not a direct soundtrack, it's slightly close - I put in a couple things that flowed and that's that)

King of Rock - Run DMC
I Need Love - LL Cool J
Candy Girl - New Edition (they appear in the movie during the awesomely bad "talent show" scene of the movie that also features the Beastie Boys)
All You Can Eat - The Fat Boys
I Can't Live Without My Radio - LL Cool J
Human Beatbox - The Fat Boys
**Supersonic - JJ Fad (Unrelated. I this is just one of my favorite old-school rap songs. Fergie should get both of her kneecaps busted for her song Fergalicious, which is a modern, shitty carbon copy of this song)
You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer (Hey, it just worked. Guaranteed)
It's Like That - Run DMC
Krush Groovin - Krush Groove All Stars
Love Bizarre - Sheila E w/ Prince

Happy Krush Groove Weekend, everybody!!!
(how did this post get so long??)

**no I'm telling you. Legendary. Awesome. Listen for yourself, and do not tell me if you don't like it for some reason. Believe me, it's for your own good.

JJ Fad - Supersoni...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home