tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Monday, March 12, 2007

My (not so) Secret Shame

Ok, so there are a lot of pissed off people (sample) because of this 200 "Definitive" Albums list recently unleashed upon the world by NARM, the National Association of Recording Merchandisers. I was mildly upset over this too, until I started to think about it a little more. These are records that have SOLD a lot of copies, and the list was put out by people who SELL them. Or promote their sale, whatevs.
In the past, for example, every list issue put out by my favorite questionable and reliable music magazines, I find large amounts of fault with them. Mostly because I figure these are put out by experts, people who should know a thing or two about the quality and content. Truth is, you can't please everyone, and most of all, you can't make any music obsessive happy with a list. Especially with a list that includes Kenny G, Celine Dion and Linkin Park in it's top 100.

And after a l'il rant about how this list isn't that big of a deal i give you this...

THE GREASE SOUNDTRACK AT #37?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home