tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Yes, the big ol' 7-7-7. An ex of mine turns 30 today, the only reason I remember this is the pride he took in being born on July 7th, 1977. Prince would appreciate this too - maybe he would make Jeremy part of his entourage as a good luck charm. Maybe Prince also enjoys The Jerk so much that they could watch it every day, but that is beside the point.

Right now there is a line snaking around First Avenue for those lucky people who will see him play there for the first time in about twenty years. (I'm hearing a rumor that Morris Day and the Time will be opening) The rest of us broke-asses will be hiding in the bathrooms after the Har Mar/ZibraZibra show beforehand.

I had the chance to participate in Ross Raihala's blog poll of people's favorite Prince songs. I'm pretty sure when I sent it I spelled "I Wanna Be Your Lover" right, but what do I know? It's a lot of fun, so check it out. I'm sandwiched in between the favorite Prince songs of Afternoon Records cutie Ian Anderson and MoreCowbell.net mastermind Kyle Matteson. Good company, indeed.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got stuck in-between Rex and Chuck Klosterman. Wanna switch seats?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home