tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Saturday, May 26, 2007




Embarassing Confession 105:


Ok, I miss Drive 105. I mean, I didn't listen to it a lot. But it had it's place in my daily car ritual of station flipping. And I loved listening to Homegrown, and frankly, that's probably my main upset on Drive's demise. Because I have an embarassing confession - I sorta like LOVE 105. What the fuck is wrong with me?? Well, I love the Oldies. And KOOL 108 hasn't been doing it for me lately. Because I guess songs even from the nineties have become Oldies now. And that, my blog-reading friends is total bullshit if you ask me.

Well that and I am a total freak. A couple days they played an amazing combo - in my screwed up, all-encompassing music love - Leo Sayer's "When I Need Love" and Elton John's "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters." It was an amazing car sing-along for the tigerbeatpoet. They played some Laura Nyro. Even the oldies stations don't play Laura Nyro. They play Bread. I loooooove Bread. Hearing a Bread song makes me want to frolick in a field of wheat in a seventies flowery frock and fall into a makeout session with someone dreamy. Goddamn, what a scenario!!

Ok... enough. I am going to make it sound like i LOOOOOOVE LOVE 105, when I just think it is a better choice than KOOL 108.

I am a freak, I can handle this.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude. I like LOVE 105, too. I'm a sucker for lite rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home