tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I should be sleeping, but I can never just come home from a show and call it a night. Tonight I saw my first show out at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater and it was quite interesting. Now, I have nothing bad to say about Guster, they're great musicians and they write great songs, but I've never been able to commit to listening to them on a regular basis. I was more interested in checking out Ben Kweller, who I am a devoted fan of. He only played eight songs, though, and that was kind of a bummer. I got to hang out by the front of the stage with all my teenage friends... haha... ok, so I felt a bit awkward, but who cares.

On the topic of Ben Kweller. So he announced that he was gonna be signing autographs and hanging out at the merch table afterwards, so we decided to get in line for it. After maybe thirty to forty-five minutes, we got to the front of the line and I geared up to take Stacy's picture with him. The big security guy was hassling me, asking me a million and a half questions I couldn't get my brain to answer at once and we were swept aside to wait for the photo. We waited with a bunch of teenage girls, for about ten minutes, maybe more. It was just weird, dudes.

I guess I never thought of Ben Kweller as the hug-strangers-too-close kind of guy. But I guess he is. And we got to sit back and watch it all.

wow, lame blog post. haha.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger solace said...

funny thing is, Ben is married and has a kid now...

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger theSpark said...

I saw Ben with Death Cab and he was just walking around First Ave talking to people. I love that first album with Wasted and Ready but I'm not familiar with anything else. Maybe it was the cover art: poses with wolves, haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home