tigerbeatpoet, xo

what i listen to on the way there and in between

Tuesday, May 30, 2006




The Fall & STNNNG - Varsity Theatre - 5/29/06

I'm going to do a write up about this show for the site, but I wanted to hang out over here and just get it out of my system so it would be easier to review. Yay!

I had never actually been to the Varsity until this very night. Nor had I seen Stnnng or The Fall. So I'd say the night was chock full of (intimidating, hard-to-understand frontman) goodness. Dave and David had talked about how they didn't think the turnout was going to be very good since it was Memorial Day, but I think that it was a nice-sized crowd.
Finally got to see STNNNG, they were very intense boys. Chris Besigner, the lead singer looks like John Bonham ever so slightly. He speak/sings as if he were possessed by demons and he forced his lyrics out as if it hurt him to do so. These guys are the kind-of band that make you want to start a fight. And coming from me, that's a compliment.
The middle band backed out a couple weeks beforehand, I still have some research to do before I can figure out why. Thank goodness we left for food, because when we came back, the front of The Varsity was very busy with people basically avoiding it. When we went to see what the fuss was about, it was easy to understand why. Whoever it was, they were a performance artist who played video and fucked with the audio also like a dj scratches a record, it was aggravating and luckily I only had to sit through only a few minutes of it. I might have gone completely insane if it lasted any longer.
The Fall finally got that to stop by coming out to do the set. My knowledge of the group is very limited...

I will be back for a further update tomorrow. I'm falling asleep at my desk. in the meantime hear what these kids have to say about it.

invisionfree.com/forums/thefall
*they have some minneapolis insight on the unofficial fall site

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird! i was just reading all about the Fall in an old Believer... Serendipity-doo-dah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home